Sunday, April 18, 2010

My quest for the perfect centerpiece

As I stated in an earlier blog, I am collecting white pots to plant succulents in and use as the centerpieces at the reception.  I have been collecting all shapes and sizes of white pots that I can find.  I bought a lot at Ikea and have recently been scouting thrift stores and ebay for anymore that I can find.  The best ones are the $.49  unique pots that I find at thrift stores, in fact, I found 2 more today!  This picture shows part of my collection so far.  (I'm also looking for fun white vases to put the boquets in at the head table, I have 1 so far that you can see in the picture.)

I have also been collecting succulent plants along with the help of my amazing mom!  I had a nice crop growing in my backroom and they didn't get enough light over winter, so a few passed on to plant heaven.  I finally had to hand them over to my mom to try to save what was left of them....her thumb is much greener than mine!  She has had very good luck with them and has been a huge help!  I recently bought some more cuttings and headed out to the greenhouse this past Saturday and scored a few more really cool plants to break apart.  I spent about 4 hours yesterday planting them in a variety of my pots.  I think they look really great, so I hope I can keep them in good health and growing strong until Septmeber!  I can't wait to see how amazing all the plants will look all put together on the tables at the recption!  And if I didn't mention this before, the plants will be favors that the guests can take home with them.  Although, some of these beauties may be pretty hard for me to part with.  So if you see me wrestling someone over a plant, you'll know why!

1 comment:

  1. What are those gnomes doing in the succulent garden???

    ReplyDelete